Update 2017.2 Released for StarForce Protection Systems
StarForce Technologies, the leading developer of software solutions to protect programs and digital information against leakage, copying and illegal distribution, has released the next update for StarForce products.
The most important changes are the following:
- The new binding object called "Physical MAC address" is now available for most products. Now, when the protection system collect information about network adapters, only the physical adapter can be taken, excluding virtual machines adapters and external network devices. This improves usability due to reducing the risk of accidental loss of activation.
- Protection against clock backward setting is improved. This is necessary in cases when a user wants to prolong the validity period of the license to use protected products after its expiration by changing time and date of the system where he/she operates.
- The system has started support protection of calling external functions from a protected function. Now all callings cannot be explicitly tracked, because they occur in a protected mode. It significantly increases the level of tamper resistance.
- Information on protection of MQL5 scripts is added in the user guide of StarForce ProActive for Traders product. Now users can protect their scripts faster and easier without the help of the technical support.
- StarForce Reader, an application created specifically for reading protected documents, now supports the opening of not only ordinary PDFs, but also ePub-files. This option is available for devices running on Windows, iOS, Android and macOS.
Detailed information is available for clients on the corporate site in the Members zone and in the Update section of Protection Studio.
About StarForce Technologies
StarForce Technologies (www.star-force.com) is a leading vendor of information protection, copy protection and code obfuscation solutions for software, electronic content and audio/video files. Since 2000, StarForce has been successfully developing and implementing its state-of-the-art security solutions, providing copyright and intellectual property protection worldwide. Two of these solutions were transformed into StarForce cloud services: sfcontent.com protects e-Documents against illegal copying and distribution and sfletter.com secures emails.
StarForce is a reliable and responsible Technological Partner for enterprises potentially incurring losses due to cyber-gangs, hackers, software piracy, unauthorized data access and information leaks. StarForce’s customers are Russian Railways, Corel, 1C, Mail.ru, Aeroflot, SUN InBev Russia, AMD Labs, ATC International, MediaHouse, Russobit M, New Disc, Buka, Snowball, 2Play, GFI, CENEGA, Akella, etc.