Legend 3. The Light side
21 Dec 2015The question about the need for protection is always open. There are publishers who think that protection can have a negative effect on the user experience and that gamers might be put off a game because of it. Potentially that might be fatal at current levels of competition. Development of platforms like Steam also points to the possibility that publishers don’t need additional protection. But it is still here. StarForce protection is part of many modern games and a typical user will never know about it. The protection has become silent and invisible.
This story happened at Comic-Con. A young man approached us wishing to take revenge for old and likely unsuccessful attempts to crack our system. He wanted to troll us about the decline in the number of games published on CD. With this background he thought StarForce must be having a very difficult time. We decided to play along and agreed that we were having tough times because gamers preferred free online games instead of CDs.
- This is what I am talking about! I play only online now and it is awesome, - proclaimed our visitor.
- What games do you prefer?
- I like shooters in military style. For example, Warface. And sometimes World of Tanks, Armored Warfare.
- And how do you find it? - It captures me completely. I enjoy this parallel reality.
- You don’t know that WarFace and Armored Warfare are protected by StarForce Technologies, do you?
- It can’t be the truth. What do you protect there?
- Better to ask whom we protect. We help gamers. - StarForce helps gamers! Nonsense!
- Have you heard about cheaters?
- Those players who can see through the walls and can’t die even if you try hard? Hate them. And does StarForce fight with them? Can’t believe it. So you embraced the Light side… How unexpected…
The visitor left deep in thought.
2015 is а productive year for us. We developed a system for the National Electronic Library which allows reading of copyrighted books online in protected mode. We released StarForce Reader for Android and added Premium and Business accounts to our secure email service SFLetter.com. For now our protection solutions permeate digital space and time and the aim is to give copyright owners and businesses around the world the opportunity to safely share electronic documents, multimedia content and software applications without limitations.
StarForce: you create – we protect