StarForce Disc is recommended for protection of multimedia software, computer games, educational and entertainment software planned for distribution on optical media.
The StarForce product provides protection against the following threats
- commercial replication and private copying;
- illegal software distribution;
- analysis and reverse engineering.
StarForce Protection Types
CD/DVD Protection is best suited for software distributed in large batches on CD-ROM/DVD-ROM discs. Protected application requires a disc key (usually printed on a disc) for the first running. When a user starts a protected product, StarForce protection system checks the compliance of the inserted disk key to the physical parameters of the license disc. A customer can choose any plant where batches of protected discs will be produced.
CD/DVD Keyless Protection is best suited for software distributed in large batches on CD-ROM/DVD-ROM discs. The main difference from StarForce Disc CD/DVD is that there is no need to enter a disk key. You just start an protected application by inserting a disc into the PC's drive. Authentication validation is performed automatically. It's very easy for an end-user. In this case only plants certified by StarForce can produce protected discs (certification procedure can be carried out specifically for a plant chosen by client).
CD-R/DVD-R Protection is best suited for software distributed in small batches on CD-R/DVD-R discs. In this case you can use special CD-R/DVD-R discs designed by StarForce. Such discs do not require any key, and authentication validation occurs automatically at the first start of a protected application. It is an ideal choice for short runs that can be burned at home or at the office.
How StarForce Disc works
In addition, an executable application code is encrypted and data files are hidden to prevent unwanted analysis and reverse engineering of work algorithm.
Customers can choose one of two options while they configure the binding options:
- Constant disс check. Protected application can be run only with original disc in the drive.
- Periodic disc check. The end user can work with application without original disc in the drive after first successful check. In this case, usage time is determined by a customer. After a specified period of time, protection system will ask user to insert an original disc again. However, application remains in protected mode with the binding to end user’s computer parameters without original disc inserted in the drive.
StarForce Disc allows you to install and configure protection via the Internet directly from your workplace with StarForce Protection Studio (supplied for free).
|High degree of protection against copying, cracking and illegal distribution of software confirmed by the world's leading software publishers: StarForce Disc is holding the unofficial world record for the duration of hacking an AAA class video game. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory from Ubisoft was kept from hacking up to 422 days.|
|Ability to protect downloadable demo and beta versions, patches and updates with disc binding.|
|Disc can be replicated on a plant or burned at home without using any additional equipment.|
|Protection is carried out via the Internet that provides mobility and simple protection procedure.|
|Certified partner plants worldwide.|
|Ability to backup a protected application.|
|Multilanguage user interface with support for 17 languages.|
|Ability to configure the periodic licence disc check.|
|StarForce Technologies constantly issues updates and adds new features for StarForce Disc.|
Software for PC distributed on optical media every day is under attack by unfair users who do not want observe the rules of publisher's software distribution and create pirate copies. It is recommended to use StarForce Disc that protects software distributed on optical media from hacking, copying, illegal use and emulation.
Protection for educational software
Currently, the popularity of e-learning is growing. Developers of training programs are looking for ways to keep their products from leaking into the Internet. StarForce Disc provides such protection.
The Information and Methodical Center "Arsenal of Education" publishes e-learning courses in the form of applications designed to improve the skills of educators, as well as provide additional education for adults and schoolchildren.
The company chose StarForce Disc to protect software distributed to all schools in Russia. This solution protects educational materials against illegal copying, prevents data leak and illegal distribution.
Transas Group is a global leader in marine navigation systems and professional training devices for commercial fleet.
Transas Group has selected StarForce to ensure protection against hacking and piracy of software. StarForce solution allows to protect the unique developments against hacking and reverse engineering by third parties.
Sphaera is developing the interactive courses for learning to drive a car.
StarForce Disc protects the training documents of theoretical examination of State Traffic Safety Inspectorate in Russia. Look at the StarForce Inside publication on Facebook.
Protection for corporate information and reference software
Information and reference software often has an extrinsic value among other software. These applications include a detailed and extensive information which ensures maximum comfort for users while working with software. It allows anyone to get desired and the most complete information in a split second.
Rostelecom uses StarForce solutions to protect electronic telephone directories against copying and improper use. This product was used for the implementation of the Personal Information Protection Act.
AutoDealer is cooperating with StarForce more than five years. The parts catalogue system is the one of the projects protected with StarForce Disc. It is a digital database with information about motor vehicle construction and layouts from major components and units to spares with numbers, names and pictures.
The official testimonial: http://www.star-force.com/about/testimonials/index.php?testimonials=2174
The 1C Company protects software distributed on discs within information technology support for 1C:Enterprise users.
Look at the StarForce Inside publication on Facebook.
Protection for games
StarForce Disc is widely used by many developers and publishers of computer games.
WillPlus designs and sells games for the internal market in Japan. Games are distributed on discs and protected with StarForce copy protection system. It allows to protect software from illegal distribution and piracy, and save the company's profit.
Protection via StarForce Cloud
Download and install StarForce Protection Studio (supplied for free).
Using StarForce Protection Studio, select the executable files and software functions that will be protected against analysis and reverse engineering.
Select the data files that will be protected.
Set the parameters of protection and binding.
Protect the files.
Create the disc image from the protected files.
Protect the disc image.
Burn the disc.
Test the disc.
Create the master disc for replication.
Make the copies of the protected product.
If you use protection for CD-R/DVD-R discs, you can protect your applications and burn it on optical media any time you like.
Protection by StarForce staff
StarForce offers the following chargeable services:
Protection is performed by StarForce employees and may include:
- Protection with functions selection;
- Protection without functions selection;
- Protection with functions to be selected by the customer.
Analysis of the protection performed by the customer.
StarForce Disc supports the protection of the following file formats:
- applications compiled in a PE-file containing executable machine code (native code) for processors x8632 and x8664. These files usually have exe or dll extension.
- applications compiled into an .NET executable file (managed code). These files also usually have exe or dll extension.
- immutable data files of any format. During protection StarForce ProActive encrypts the content of data files and hides the files in containers.
Please contact us if you need a consultation from our specialist.
Basic protection options
- Disc protection against copying and emulation.
- Function protection.
- Extra protection with hidden classes.
- Protection of unlimited number of files.
- Data file protection.
- Beta version and promotional copy protection.
- Patch and add-on protection.
- Functional restriction based on parameters of a disc key.
- GUI customization.
- Time limit use of the application on several parameters.
- StarForce SDK included.
- Periodic disс check.
Additional protection options
- Protection implementation by StarForce engineers.
- Installation disc backup.
- Time Limited Hack Proof Warranty.
Application run time control can be limited by following parameters:
- By expiration date.
- By total run time.
- By number of application runs.
Supported operating systems
- Windows Vista 32/64-bit.
- Windows 7 32/64-bit.
- Windows 8 32/64-bit.
- Windows 10 32/64-bit.
- Windows Server 32/64-bit.
Supported optical storage media
- StarForce CD-Recordable (680 MB capability).
- StarForce DVD-Recordable (4490 MB capability).
- CD-ROM (700 MB capability).
- DVD-ROM-5 (4,7 GB capability) and DVD-ROM-9 (8,5 GB capability).
StarForce Disc system requirements
- Internet connection (broadband recommended).
- CD-RW/DVD-RW drive.
- Optical disc burning software.