The Business Software Alliance (BSA) reports that the worldwide piracy level rose by 43% in 2014. This indicates that, without certain protection measures, companies risk losing between 20% and 80% of their income depending on the area of the world in which they operate.
StarForce provides professional and effective tools to combat the following threats:
- commercial replication and private copying;
- illegal software distribution;
- breach of license (expiration time, number of user licenses, etc.);
- analysis and reverse engineering.
StarForce products provide reliable protection for an application’s source code against analysis and cracking. For copying prevention StarForce uses the mechanism of binding to a computer/ a server/ a disk. Comprehensive licensing systems are also being implemented into applications to create various sales models and to control distribution.
- Modules are encrypted.
- The code of internal functions is protected.
- The calls of imported functions are protected.
- Internal variables are protected.
- Application data files are hidden.
- Protection from running the applications under debuggers (the feature works for both user and system levels).
- Protection from running the applications on virtual machines.
- Protection from running the applications through remote terminal sessions (protection from remote access).
- Level of binding to computer hardware can be customized.
- Applications can be protected automatically (no functions are selected).
- The integrity of the file is checked constantly.
- A unique protection core for each file. (If the same file is protected in different sessions, the results differ. This prevents hackers from creating a template for file hacking because each time, they have to start all over again.)
- More than 16 GUI languages are supported.
- Dialog boxes can be customized.
- A custom user interface can be developed.
Exclusive features include:
- Automatically Add Activations (AAA) technology (allows licensed users to invoke unused activations at any time).
- Editing of serial numbers allows changing the parameters of serial numbers after generation.
- Deactivation allows licensed users to move protected software between multiple computers.
StarForce Technologies offers protection for the games to be sold via Steam, the most popular online game platform.
Protection of applications for corporate and local networks
Monitoring the number of applications running on a corporate or other local network helps to prevent applications from being launched by more than a preset number of users. Software is activated on and bound to a local network server.
Product: StarForce ProActive for Business
Protection of business applications for private and corporate use
Protection limits illegal use and increases right holder income. Program functionality can be controlled using only one distribution. The functionality delivered depends on serial number parameters which reflect the amount paid by clients. It is also possible to implement various licensing policies and to track distribution.
Product: StarForce ProActive
Protection of computer games
Piracy is one of today’s key threats for the global computer game industry. The recent development of broadband connections has stimulated an uncontrolled exchange of online content. For that reason reliable software copy protection and powerful licensing technologies have become must-have solutions for any multi-media and game application developer. They allow the implementation of a licensing policy to track distribution of the software.
StarForce ProActive with a PC binding
StarForce Disc with a CD/DVD binding
StarForce Universal supports both a PC and CD/DVD binding
Protection of Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOG and MMORPG protection)
This is a suite of security features which protects MMOG from cheats, hacks and bots.
It is no secret that MMOGs are becoming first priority products for the entire computer game industry. New MMOG releases appear more frequently than ever before and copyright owners eagerly anticipate the commercial success of their new game products. However, malignant pieces of software such as game bots, hacks and cheats can undermine consumer interest in new game releases which leads to lower revenues for the game product developers.
Product: StarForce MMOG