Update 2014.4 Released for StarForce Protection Systems
StarForce Technologies, the leading developer of software solutions to protect programs and digital information against leakage, copying and illegal distribution, released update 2014.4 for StarForce products.
The most important changes are the following:
- The level of resistance to hacking has been improved for the complete StarForce product line. It means that the algorithms which are used for the protection of client programs and content, were significantly redesigned to improve their resistance against analysis and reverse engineering.
- A new viewer program to open protected documents is introduced (StarForce Reader instead of Foxit Reader) for StarForce Content products (www.sfcontent.com). With the introduction of the new viewer we have started our activities directed to adding support for all popular platforms, including mobile devices.
- In StarForce Audio/Video, files can now be optionally converted in Protection Studio so that they can be delivered without video codecs in the installation package. This resolves video playback problems on end users' computers caused by the use of rare (not installed by default) codecs.
- The black list of grabbers has been extended for the StarForce products used to protect content and documents.
- Support of Spanish and Portuguese has been added to the user interface.
- For the products StarForce Crypto and StarForce ProActive for Business new functions were added to protect software against modification. They are the integrity control for read-only code, data of executable files and application data files which are not hidden on a hard drive.
Detailed information is available for clients on the corporate site in the Members zone and in the Update section of Protection Studio.
About StarForce Technologies
StarForce Technologies (www.star-force.com) is a leading vendor of information protection, copy protection and code obfuscation solutions for software, electronic content and audio/video files. Since 2000, StarForce has been successfully developing and implementing its state-of-the-art security solutions, providing copyright and intellectual property protection worldwide. Two of these solutions were transformed into StarForce cloud services: sfcontent.com protects e-Documents against illegal copying and distribution and sfletter.com secures emails.
StarForce is a reliable and responsible Technological Partner for enterprises potentially incurring losses due to cyber-gangs, hackers, software piracy, unauthorized data access and information leaks. StarForce’s customers are Russian Railways, Corel, 1C, Mail.ru, Aeroflot, SUN InBev Russia, AMD Labs, ATC International, MediaHouse, Russobit M, New Disc, Buka, Snowball, 2Play, GFI, CENEGA, Akella, etc.