Update 2017.3 Released for StarForce Protection Systems
StarForce Technologies, the leading developer of software solutions to protect programs and digital information against leakage, copying and illegal distribution, has released the next update for StarForce products.
The most important changes are the following:
- Protection with binding to USB has expanded the list of supported products. The feature became available for StarForce ProActive, StarForce ProActive for Business and StarForce Audio/Video. This type of binding is useful for those who prefer to distribute protected programs and videos on portable storage devices. In addition, you can add binding to USB.
- Implemented support for writing license files to several USB storages at once, which significantly reduces the protection process in case of a large number of devices.
- Now if you use one of the products with the ProActive website, you can order serial numbers and prolong your project on the ‘Project information’ page after the logining.
- SFContent.com and products with the ProActive website now can show new information about an operating system where a specific serial number was activated, which allows you to collect statistics on the popularity of using different OS among users. In the future update, it is planned to introduce summary statistics for all serial numbers within one project.
- For StarForce Audio/Video and StarForce Content, as well as for SFContent.com now it's possible to turn off the program lock in the serial number parameters. Protection against grabbers is provided by the "Black Box" technology where the user will see a black rectangle instead of a screenshot. Using this technology makes it much easier for users to work with protected files without having to close some third-party applications.
- For those who open projects with several binding types, the option to set a default binding type is added. It makes it easy to change the binding type while protection process without having to make changes to the registry.
- The new version of StarForce Reader has been released for all operating systems, which is designed to fix minor bugs, improve the stability and overall operation of the program.
StarForce Reader for macOS is now available in the Mac App Store, that solves the problem of incompatibility of the application with OS versions below macOS 10.12 Sierra, and simplifies the process of its installation and updating.
Detailed information is available for clients on the corporate site in the Members zone and in the Update section of Protection Studio.
About StarForce Technologies
StarForce Technologies (www.star-force.com) is a leading vendor of information protection, copy protection and code obfuscation solutions for software, electronic content and audio/video files. Since 2000, StarForce has been successfully developing and implementing its state-of-the-art security solutions, providing copyright and intellectual property protection worldwide. Two of these solutions were transformed into StarForce cloud services: sfcontent.com protects e-Documents against illegal copying and distribution and sfletter.com secures emails.
StarForce is a reliable and responsible Technological Partner for enterprises potentially incurring losses due to cyber-gangs, hackers, software piracy, unauthorized data access and information leaks. StarForce’s customers are Russian Railways, Corel, 1C, Mail.ru, Aeroflot, SUN InBev Russia, AMD Labs, ATC International, MediaHouse, Russobit M, New Disc, Buka, Snowball, 2Play, GFI, CENEGA, Akella, etc.